Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Religious fundamentalism in the West?

We are often surprised at how extreme certain religions can be. But let us not forget how close to home this type of fundamentalism can be. This shit baffles me. I dont understand how people can let this happen. This religious group (read cult) advocates polygamy and is a mormon sect.

My advice: Get the fuck out! Leave the bastards that oppress you and make a plan to be normal. This may be the life you know, but there are others out there that take steps to better their lives. Do the same.

The flip side to my opinion is naturally, who is the State to say that this is in the best interests of the children. Surely it is better for them to be with their parents than in some sports stadium? Who knows?

Here is a clip from NBC that explains it further.

What a happy family:

2 comments:

Deni said...

It's not the polygamy the problem. Ever occurred to you that some women might not mind not being the only wife? Because strictly speaking 4 wives is polygamy also and some islam women don't mind it at all. Not to mention not-islam people with open marriages that don't care too.

For me the problem is that some of those women and especially minors are held against their will. Because this is a criminal offense. So let's focus on that.
If someone wants to have 3 wives and 5 husbands, I don't care, as long as everyone is there willingly.

Davemanza said...

Hey Denitsa. I am so sorry I didnt relpyearlier, but my notebook has just been repaired and I have only recently been able to access all my mail.

Good points. In fact I am in agreement with you completely. My only concern is the children in this case.