Thursday, March 27, 2008

Them's child-bearing hips Mister!

A colleague of mine has enlightened me by pointing out the world's first pregnant man. Before you freak out completely, let me point out that Thomas Beatie was previously a woman, but has since partaken in the trangenderfication process.

Strange as this may seem at first, it becaomes strangerer and strangerer when you consider the circumstances that must inevitably follow:

The Hip-Hop scenario:

Word! I cant roll with my homies tonight. You know: Baby Papa Drama!

The Cape Flats scenario:

Jy! Jou ma se... nee jou pa se....

I could go on, but it is just too easy.

Another thing is that if he is the first man to bear a child, he quite possibly could be the first guy to have his period. Can you imagine how cranky he would get if he couldn't find the remote?

Food for thought...

1 comment: