Tuesday, March 25, 2008

No Bogroll, no meat, let's go for a 1300km jog!

There are causes out there that are worth supporting. But I consider a lot of them to be a load of crap as most of the funds generated go to the organisers, rather than to the intended recipients. Let me give you an example: The next brainless hag that interrupts my romantic dinner to peddle me a rose for a mere R20-00 will get an earful as I know for a fact that 5c in every rand goes to the blind.

But I do know of a cause that is worth looking into. I also know that fuck-all people read my blog, so this might not help, but I am posting it anyway, and I hope that some of you might "know a guy who knows a guy". The site is:

http://www.tanyann.com/chett

Chett Vosloo - aided for part of his trip by another good mate Mike Arbuthnot - has finished a mission to run the coast of India. No typo there, just a 1300km ball-busting, blister-inducing marathon of note.


This is Chett with one of the more seasoned locals.

I respect their efforts in a big way, due in no small part to my inability to run a bath, let alone the coast of one of the world's biggest countries.

Check out the site and if you can, drop a few rands into the kitty. If that is too much, forward it on and see if we can help get the ball rolling.

It really is a good cause.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What Chett is doing is pretty inspiring! I think it really sucks that big business isn't getting behind it.

I saw the start date was about the 12th of Dec 2007 and he mentioned it would take about 50 days. If my calculations are correct he should be done now? Where about is he? If he's still busy, maybe we can make up some banners for him and try and get them out there. Also, we could set up a PayPal Donate account for him.

Thoughts?

Davemanza said...

We can definitely make a plan, and he is finished, but has yet to get back to Cape Town.

As soon as he is back, I will get some comments from him and we can set up some interviews or something.